So I was hit with a great idea while on Pinterest today (I spend too much time on there…). Anyways, there was a pin that linked to a website: www.lovetwenty.com and it’s got all this cool stuff about being a woman in your twenties and different projects and information about being in your twenties.
I got to exploring around and found a page called “10 Books Every Girl Should Read in Her Twenties”. Well, here I am almost twenty a girl and a lover of books so I figured, this should be worth a look at. The books they have listed are all books I have never read but have heard about. They also provided little summaries and personal opinions on why the book is important enough for a twenty-something girl to read.
So then I got to thinking some more and why just stop at ten? I bet I could make a list of over one hundred books that I would want to read before my twenties fly by! And that was when I got the brilliant idea: I’m gonna make a list of over one hundred titles that I believe need to be read before I turn thirty and read all of them.
This is what the website gave me as must-reads for your twenties:
- Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close
- The Girl’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank
- Bitches on a Budget: Sage Advice for Surviving Tough Times in Style by Rosalyn Hoffman
- What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self by Ellyn Spragins
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- What Did I Do Wrong? by Liz Pryor
- 20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler
- Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled and Independent by Judy Ford
I have a few ideas of books to add, but it might take a while for me to think of over one hundred before tomorrow. I’ll keep a running list somewhere and when I’m done I’ll post it up on here and get to work!